Rancho Dominguez, CA (December 1, 2020): Musical Merchandise Review (MMR) magazine has announced the results of its 2020 ‘Dealer’s Choice Awards’, naming Kawai’s MP Series stage pianos as ‘Pro Digital Keyboard Line of the Year’ for the third year in a row. The MP Series was also the recipient of this award in 2014 bringing its total count to 4.
Each year the magazine surveys musical instrument retailers across North America, inviting dealers to vote for their favorite products in a range of categories. Winners in each category receive the celebrated ‘Dealer’s Choice Award’ from MMR, along with the satisfaction of being honored as one of the musical instrument industry’s finest brands and products.
“It comes as no surprise that the MP Series is once again named ‘Pro Digital Keyboard Line of the Year’” says Alan Palmer, Digital Product Manager at Kawai America Corporation. He continues, “We keep hearing from MP owners expressing how amazing these instruments are. They love the sounds, the look and the flexibility but they’re most complimentary about the MP Series’ smooth and responsive touch.”
The MP Series stage pianos feature Kawai’s leading wooden-key and plastic-key keyboard actions offering any stage performer, be they a touring artist or a concert pianist, a smooth natural piano playing experience. “The feel of the action is so similar to what we are used to on a concert grand piano,” shares Artem Kuznetsov, a concert pianist from Houston. He finishes by saying, “As an owner of an MP stage piano, I continue to be amazed with its responsiveness as well as its stunningly natural sounds. It precisely reacts to all the little nuances of my performance.”
The MP11SE and MP7SE professional stage pianos feature a wide selection of sounds, including the Shigeru Kawai SK-EX, SK-5, and Kawai EX acoustic piano sounds reproduced through Harmonic Imaging XL sound technology. The MP models also incorporate a selection of realistic electric piano voices, complete with realistic effects and vintage amp/speaker simulations. Designed for the live performer, MP instruments provide superb real-time control oversplits, layers, and complex sound adjustments, with comprehensive MIDI controller functionality to manage external devices. Housed within sturdy wood and metal chassis, with grand piano-like ebony polish sidearms, the MP11SE and MP7SE are ideally suited to professional musicians who do not accept compromise.
The ‘Dealer Choice Awards’ were established in 1992 and have gained a reputation as one of the musical instrument industries foremost accolades. During this time, Kawai’s RX Series grand and K-3 upright pianos have proved a dominant force, winning their respective categories for several consecutive years, while the Concert Artist (CA), CN, and MP Series digital lines have also received multiple awards. This year’s success increases Kawai’s tally of MMR trophies to a total of 22 and reflects the company’s long-standing popularity among retailers and customers.
History of received MMR Magazine ‘Dealer’s Choice’ awards:
- 2020: MMR Pro Digital Keyboard Line of the Year (MP Series Pro Digital Pianos)
- 2019: MMR Pro Digital Keyboard Line of the Year (MP Series Pro Digital Pianos)
- 2018: MMR Pro Digital Keyboard Line of the Year (MP Series Pro Digital Pianos)
- 2017: MMR Home Digital Keyboard Line of the Year (CN Series Digital Pianos)
- 2016: MMR Product of the Year (GL Series Grand Pianos)
- 2016: MMR Home Digital Keyboard Line of the Year (CA/CS Series Digital Pianos)
- 2015: MMR Legacy Award (CA95 Digital Piano)
- 2014: MMR Home Digital Keyboard Line of the Year (CN Series Digital Pianos)
- 2014: MMR Pro Digital Piano Line of the Year (MP Series Pro Digital Pianos)
- 2013: MMR Home Digital Keyboard of the Year (CA95 Digital Piano)
- 2012: MMR Home Digital Keyboard of the Year (CA95 Digital Piano)
- 2011: MMR Acoustic Piano of the Year (K-3 Professional Upright Piano)
- 2010: MMR Acoustic Piano of the Year (K-3 Professional Upright Piano)
- 2009: MMR Acoustic Piano of the Year (K-3 Professional Upright Piano)
- 2008: MMR Acoustic Piano of the Year (K-3 Professional Upright Piano)
- 2007: MMR Digital Home Keyboard of the Year (CA91 Digital Piano)
- 2005: MMR Acoustic Piano Line of the Year (RX Series Grand Pianos)
- 2004: MMR Acoustic Piano Line of the Year (RX Series Grand Pianos)
- 2003: MMR Acoustic Piano Line of the Year (RX Series Grand Pianos)
- 2002: MMR Digital Home Keyboard of the Year (CN270 Digital Piano)
- 2001: MMR Digital Home Keyboard of the Year (ES1 Portable Digital Piano)
- 2000: MMR Digital Home Keyboard of the Year (CP200 Ensemble Grand Piano)
About MMR Magazine
Musical Merchandise Review (MMR) is the leading trade publication in the field of musical instruments and sound reinforcement and has been in continuous operation since 1879 with an international readership.
About Kawai Pianos:
Over the past ninety years, Kawai has earned a reputation for outstanding quality, workmanship and innovation in the crafting of world-class instruments. Kawai acoustic and digital pianos are a top choice of pianists, teachers, churches, students, and professional musicians around the globe. The skillful blending of traditional piano craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology has made Kawai one of the most award-winning companies in the entire music products industry – having received over 50 major international awards for excellence. For further information on Kawai Pianos, visit http://kawaius.com/
Contact Name: Chad Schumacher
Contact Email: email@example.com