Combining Kawai’s highly regarded Responsive Hammer keyboard action and Harmonic Imaging sound technologies, the long-awaited ES920 and new mid-range ES520 reproduces the touch and tone of a concert grand piano, providing an authentic, rewarding playing experience for musicians of all abilities.
In addition to other fine features, including brand-new lightweight body design, these portable instruments are suitable choices for home, stage, or classroom.
The ES920 and mid-range ES520 feature a brand-new modern body design with a flat panel surface complemented by smooth, rounded edges.
The new body design is both sturdy and lightweight with the ES920 weighing 37.5 lbs (almost 13 lbs lighter than its predecessor), and the ES520 just 32 lbs.
With their modern design, sturdy body, and lighter weight, the ES920 and ES520 are some of the most portable pianos in their respective classes making them excellent choices for the gigging or studio musician.
In addition to their portability, when attached to their dedicated HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, these instruments transform into stylish and compact piano replacements.
- Responsive Hammer Compact II keyboard action with grade-weighted keys and triple-sensor system
- Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology with 88-key stereo sampling
- 34 authentic sounds, including acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs, strings, bass etc.
- Motherboard and amplification developed in partnership with Onkyo, 40W speaker system
- Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality with aptX support for wireless communication and audio playback
- Standard MIDI, USB to Host/Device, Audio In/Out connectivity
- Support for latest PianoRemote control app for iOS/Android
- Intuitive control panel layout with high quality OLED display
- Stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis weighing 32 lbs
- Modern HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, support for GFP-3 triple pedal unit
* PianoRemote app support to be added with future software update.
With its new modern lightweight body design, the new ES920 and ES520 deliver the touch of a grand piano with Kawai’s Responsive Hammer keyboard actions.
The ES920 features Kawai’s Responsive Hammer III keyboard action, while the mid-range ES520 comes equipped with the Responsive Hammer II keyboard action.
Kawai’s Responsive Hammer keyboard actions were developed to reproduce the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano allowing experienced pianists to perform with confidence, power, and control.
The ES920 also features Kawai’s Ivory Touch key surfaces that gently absorb finger moisture.
Through Kawai’s Harmonic Imaging sound technology, the ES920 and ES520 delivers the rich, expressive sound of Kawai’s stunning grand pianos, including the Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and Kawai EX instruments.
The ES920 also features the stunning sound of the Shigeru Kawai SK-5 grand piano.
Both instruments also offer a strong selection of additional instrument sounds, ranging from electric pianos to string and mallet instruments, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances.
- IMPROVED: Responsive Hammer III keyboard action with redesigned key switches
- IMPROVED: Improved acoustic piano sounds and updated Virtual Technician parameters
- IMPROVED: Enhanced Touch Curve setting with 10 selectable touch presets
- NEW: Electric Piano, Drawbar and Jazz Organ, Electric Bass, Harpsichord, and Strings sounds
- NEW: Motherboard developed in partnership with Onkyo for improved tonal clarity
- NEW: Updated control panel with 4-band EQ faders and modern OLED graphic display
- NEW: Support for latest PianoRemote control app for iOS/Android
- NEW: Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality with aptX support for wireless audio playback
- NEW: Stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis weighing 37.5 lbs
- NEW: Modern HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, support for GFP-3 triple pedal unit
Other high-performance features found in the new ES920 and ES520 includes a powerful 40W stereo speaker system with premium audio processing and amplification technologies for clarity and richness, Bluetooth MIDI and Bluetooth Audio Connectivity for streaming music, and connectivity with mobile apps such as Kawai’s dedicated PianoRemote control app, and an intuitive button layout and sharp OLED graphic display. The ES920 also features 4-band EQ faders providing convenient real-time control. With authentic grand piano touch and tone, superb additional sounds, high-fidelity speaker system, housed within a new stylish, lightweight body design, the new ES920 and mid-range ES520 are sure to deliver exceptional digital piano performance for the home, stage, church, or classroom. The ES920 and ES520 will be available in authorized dealer showrooms in North America this fall.
Kawai ES520 Product Specifications
|Keyboard||Responsive Hammer II action
- 88 keys
- Grade-weighted hammers
- Ivory Touch white key surfaces
- Let-off simulation
|Pedal||F-10H pedal unit
- Damper (with half-pedal support)
|Piano Sound||Progressive Harmonic Imaging (PHI)
- 88-key stereo sampling
- 192 note maximum polyphony
|Piano Resonance||- Damper Resonance
- String Resonance
|Piano Adjustment||Virtual Technician (17 parameters)
- Touch Curve (incl. User Touch Curve)
- Voicing (incl. 88-key User Voicing)
- Damper Resonance
- Damper Noise
- String Resonance
- Key-off Effect
- Fall-back Noise
- Hammer Delay
- Topboard Simulation
- Decay Time
- Minimum Touch
- Stretch Tuning (incl. 88-key User Tuning)
- Temperament (incl. User Temperament)
- Temperament Key
- Key Volume (incl. 88-key User Key Volume)
- Half-Pedal Adjust
- Soft Pedal Depth
|No. of Sounds||34|
|Other Effects||11 types + 4 combination effects + amp simulator|
|Speakers||(8 x 12) cm x 2|
|Output Power||20 W x 2|
|Display||128 x 64 pixel OLED|
|Music Rest||Detachable type (included)|
|Dimensions||Width||52 3/4" (134 cm)|
|Depth||14 2/3" (37.5 cm)|
|Height||5 2/3" (14.5 cm) (not including music rest)|
|Weight||32 lbs (14.5 kg)|
|Internal Songs||Sound Demo||23 songs|
|Internal Recorder||Total Memory||Approximately 5,000 notes|
|No. of Songs||3 songs|
|Parts||1 track recorder|
|Metronome||Time Signatures||1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8|
|Drum Rhythms||Rhythm Section
- 100 styles
|Bluetooth *||Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1; GATT compatible)
Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant, Bluetooth Audio
|USB Audio Recorder||Playback||SMF|
|App Functions||Virtual Technician app (iPad)
|Connector Jacks||Headphone||2 (1/4",1/8 “ )Stereo jacks|
|MIDI||MIDI IN, MIDI OUT|
|Line Out||1/4" L/MONO, R [unbalanced]|
|Line In||1/8" Stereo|
|USB to Host||✔|
|USB to Device||✔|
|Others||Damper/Soft (for GFP-3/F-302)
Damper (for F-10H)
|Power Consumption||18 W (PS-154 AC adaptor)|
|Others||Warranty Card *
F-10H damper pedal (with half-pedal support)